Have you ever heard the saying " guilty pleasures" ?
It's a term people use to describe something that they love doing, but apparently feel guilty in doing so.
And I think it's bullshit.
Let me ask you:
1. If you are not hurting anyone or anything, but enjoying a simple pleasure in your own life - why feel guilty?
2. Why does guilt automatically have to be associated with pleasure?
3. Why feel the need to hide or feel shameful about a pleasure in your life?
Here are some of the pleasures in my life that I do not feel any guilt for at all, and I encourage you to make a list too!
- expensive coffees
- going out for yummy dinners
- French martinis
- eating in bed
- red wine on a cold night
- buying shoes
- buying clothes
- making money
- sour cream and onion chips (Ruffles brand only)
- tons and tons of yoga classes
- a juicy meditation where I am not interrupted
- watching Netflix and snacking on popcorn
- chocolate with nuts
- facials at the spa
... and the list goes on an on!
What's your list? What are your pleasures?
Make a list and DO NOT feel guilty!!
The Mindful Mama